Fernando Torres- It will be amazing to return to 'Anfield'




Fernando Torres will return to play alongside Steven Gerrard in the All-Star charity match on Sunday and ahead of the occasion, the Spanish striker has spoken of his fervent anticipation for an Anfield comeback.


The former Liverpool Striker forms part of the skipper's squad for a clash with a side selected by Jamie Carragher, for a fundraising event organised by the Liverpool FC Foundation, the club's official charity.

Xabi Alonso, Thierry Henry, Pepe Reina and Luis Suarez are other significant names set to participate in the match  and Fernando Torres cannot wait to partner with the latter in a potent strike force.

The 31-year-old also shares his deep respect for Gerrard, discusses his relationship with Kopites and explains why scoring at Anfield again would mean so much.

I can't wait to play with Stevie again. I just wanted to have the chance to play with him, even if it is just one last time. No-one knows if it is going to be the last time, but be sure that I am going to enjoy it. I have said many times that Stevie is the best player that I have played with - by far. He was a big influence for me as a player; I had one career before I started playing with him and one career after I played with him. He changed my game and changed my motivation and ambition. He made me feel that I could really do whatever I wanted. For me, he is going to be the best forever, so to have the chance to play with him on a special day like it is going to be on Sunday, is a privilege. I want to be there on Sunday and be on the pitch with him.

0 Comment "Fernando Torres- It will be amazing to return to 'Anfield'"